Sunday 9 October 2011

Smatterings of events

There are a few little things that I remember being told that I can’t fit into the chronography.

  • Dad was one of the first to dance the Charleston – he was at a West End dance hall on the night it was introduced to the British public.
  • He knew various members of dance bands – a fact that came out quite vividly on a holiday later.
  • Mum and Dad left the country only once. It was a day trip to France which resulted in a story for life due to the storm that came up on the return trip and left the ferry sailing back and forth all night in very high seas leaving Mum seasick and determined never to go to sea again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cars - 1

 I thought that I might take a break from historic events and try and explain my trip through a variety of cars. This will be a simple list ...