Sunday 9 October 2011

Charles Edward Pennington – early days

Charlieboy, as he was known, has always had a life separate from me due to the 10 year difference in age. By the time I was five, he was out to work with a full social life. When he wasn’t dancing he was riding his cycle and latterly his motor bike. I remember one story of him running home in the early part of an air-raid as he was caught out at my Aunty Vi’s house. He followed the same path as me through school – Eardley Road and then Battersea Grammar. He was working towards his Matriculation (seems to be a general school certificate that was replaced by G.C.E by the time I was around). However, for no reason I know but would guess financial, he left school at 15 and went to work at John Baker Sons and Bell – a firm of Accountants in Leadenhall Street, but I am getting ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cars - 1

 I thought that I might take a break from historic events and try and explain my trip through a variety of cars. This will be a simple list ...