Thursday 6 October 2016

We have a baby!


  • Well, Valerie has the baby
  • I call the ambulance and see Valerie off and then I go to work!
  • I manage to get to Mayday Hospital (Croydon) after the birth
  • Sam is a lovely little thing but doesn't seem  very keen to eat so feeding is drawn out.
  • Sam loves her black glove
  • Roger and Marian (Valerie's sister) are regular visitors. Marian works round the corner from me in Mark Lane
  • I get told off because I cough when I go to bed at night (due to smoking) and being told off just makes it worse
  • Eventually we decide that we have to try to buy a house
  • Bank says no to mortgage unless we have a 10% deposit - no chance
  • Get offered new job with 10% house price loan - I take it
  • Hobbies keep going. I make a Hi-Fi amplifier from a Heathkit kit and some speakers from a plan.
  • I make a variety of Renwall military vehicle kits and a Tamiya Gold Leaf Team Lotus car in 1:12th scale - very large.
  • Roger and I design a hugely complex war game covering the battle for the Atlantic in WWII. We spend months building the rules and only play it once!
  • I am up making a feed for Sam when we watch the moon landing on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cars - 1

 I thought that I might take a break from historic events and try and explain my trip through a variety of cars. This will be a simple list ...